Are you looking for Buddha quotes? Here we share top 200+ Buddha quotes on Love, Happiness, Karma, and Spirituality Gautama Buddha is the edified being known as the author of Buddhism. He has been a managing light for profound searchers for more than 2500 years. Simply share the endowment of illumination and shrewdness with these Buddha quotes Regardless of whether you require inspiration yourself or want to spread the message of affection and generosity to others, these adages are certain to light up everybody’s day.
Buddha quotes on love
- “Hatred does not cease through hatred at any time. Hatred ceases through love. This is an unalterable law.”
- Love is a gift of one’s innermost soul to another so both can be whole.
- “Whatever living beings there may be — feeble or strong, long, stout, or of medium size, short, small, large, those seen or those unseen, those dwelling far or near, those who are born as well as those yet to be born — may all beings have happy minds.”
—The Buddha, Karaniya Metta Sutta
- “True love is born from understanding.”
- Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little.
- Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity
- “When watching after yourself, you watch after others. When watching after others, you watch after yourself.” The Buddha (From the Samyutta Nikaya)
- Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.
- deserve your love and affection.”
- ‘As I am, so are these.
As are these, so am I.’
Drawing the parallel to yourself,
neither kill nor get others to kill. (It’s from a text called the Nalaka Sutta, which is found in the Sutta Nipata)
- “Conquer anger with non-anger. Conquer badness with goodness.” The Buddha
- Just as with her own life A mother shields from hurt Her own son, her only child, Let all-embracing thoughts
For all beings be yours, It’s from the Metta Sutta.
- “To support mother and father, to cherish wife and children, and to be engaged in peaceful occupation — this is the greatest blessing.” Mangala Sutta.
Buddha quotes on happiness
- “Should a person do good, let him do it again and again. Let him find pleasure therein, for blissful is the accumulation of good.” The Buddha (Dhammapada, verse 118)
- “There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.” – Buddha
- “Happiness never decreases by being shared.”
- “Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.” – Buddha
- “Happiness comes when your work and words are of benefit to yourself and others
- “People with opinions just go around bothering one another.” – Buddha
- “A disciplined mind brings happiness.”
- “One moment can change a day, one day can change a life and one life can change the world.” – Buddha
- “Know from the rivers in clefts and in crevices: those in small channels flow noisily, the great flow silent. Whatever’s not full makes noise. Whatever is full is quiet.” The Buddha
- “Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.” – Buddha
- “Happiness is a journey, not a destination.”
- “‘All conditioned things are impermanent’ — when one sees this with wisdom, one turns away from suffering.” The Buddha
- “Purity and impurity depend on oneself; no one can purify another.” The Buddha
- “There is nothing comparable to one who is Awakened.” The Buddha
- “They blame those who remain silent, they blame those who speak much, they blame those who speak in moderation. There is none in the world who is not blamed.”
Buddha quotes on karma
- Karma grows from our hearts. Karma terminates from our hearts
- Just as one can make a lot of garlands from a heap of flowers, so man, subject to birth and death as he is, should make himself a lot of good karma.
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”
- I am the owner of my actions, heir to my actions, born of my actions, related through my actions, and have my actions as my arbitrator. Whatever I do, for good or for evil, to that I will fall heir.
- When the action comes out of nothing it creates no karma.
- “Give, even if you only have a little.” The Buddha.
- Once you know the nature of anger and joy is empty and you let them go, you free yourself from karma.
- “Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.”
- A man should make himself a lot of good karma.
- “Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well.”
- “If anything is worth doing, do it with all your heart.”
- To be selfish, greedy and unwilling to help the needy gives rise to future starvation and clothless ness.
- “I do not dispute with the world; rather it is the world that disputes with me.” The Buddha
- Not even death can wipe out our good deeds
Buddha quotes on change
- “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.”
- “Should a seeker not find a companion who is better or equal, let them resolutely pursue a solitary course.”
- “Purity or impurity depends on oneself, no one can purify another.”
- “The one in whom no longer exist the craving and thirst that perpetuate becoming; how could you track that Awakened one, trackless, and of limitless range?”
- “Just as a snake sheds its skin, we must shed our past over and over again.”
- “Purity and impurity depend on oneself; no one can purify another.”
- “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”
- “The calmed say that what is well-spoken is best; second, that one should say what is right, not unrighteous; third, what’s pleasing, not displeasing; fourth, what is true, not false.”
- “Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have.”
- “Purity and impurity depend on oneself; no one can purify another.”
- “A man asked Gautama Buddha, ‘I want happiness.’ Buddha said, ‘First remove I, that’s Ego, then remove want, that’s Desire. See now you are left with only Happiness.’ ”
- “Drop by drop is the water pot filled. Likewise, the wise man, gathering it little by little, fills himself with good.”
- “What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil, envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, the illusion is the root of evil.”
Buddha quotes on death
- “The world is afflicted by death and decay. But the wise do not grieve, having realized the nature of the world.” The Buddha (From the Sutta Nipata)
- Death carries off a man busy picking flowers with a besotted mind like a great flood does a sleeping village.
- “Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.” – Buddha Quotes on Death
- This is a genuine Buddha quote. It’s the 6th verse of the Dhammapada:
- “Purity or impurity depends on oneself, No one can purify another.” – Buddha
- We must be diligent today. To wait until tomorrow is too late. Death comes unexpectedly. How can we bargain with it?
- “Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.” – Buddha
- Here will I live in the rainy season, here in the autumn and in the summer: thus muses the fool. He realizes not the danger (of death).
- “Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.” – Buddha
- When you are strong and healthy, You never think of sickness coming, But it descends with sudden force Like a stroke of lightning.
- In horror of death, I took to the mountains — Again and again, I meditated on the uncertainty of the hour of death, Capturing the fortress of the deathless unending nature of mind. Now all fear of death is over and done.
- “In whom there is no sympathy for living beings: know him as an outcast.” The Buddha
These are the top 200+ buddha quotes I hope you will like this quotes if you like then feel free to share with your friends Thank you Be happy